Here is my recipe for the most simple noodle soup. It’s vegetarian and all of the ingredients are easily sourced. Here is a recipe suitable for two average people, or one very hungry student.
1 garlic clove, diced as small as possible
1/2 tsp diced ginger, again cut as small as possible
1/2 tsp diced chilli, any colour
1/2 diced carrot (optional)
1 diced spring onion
A glug of light soy sauce
- Heat the oil on a med-high heat in a saucepan
- Add in the carrot and fry for a minute or so
- Then add the ginger, chilli, garlic and spring onion and fry for two minutes. Make sure to keep turning the veggies over so that they do not burn
- Then when these are starting to smell fragrant and have softened, add in your stock. There is no specified amount you should add, just add however much you think you’ll eat! If you underestimate it’s easiest to change it and add more.
- Bring to the boil and then add your noodles. Cook according to package instructions.
- As you’re coming to the end of the cooking, add in your soy sauce. Just do this to your taste.
- And you’re done!
If you want to, you can add in frozen or fresh dumplings and assorted veggies. Just plan your time so you don’t overcook anything. If you want to change things up, use rice instead of noodles.